Prerequisite: Intermediate Class
AKC Rally is all about teamwork. You and your dog navigate a course together, side-by-side, at your own brisk pace. You move through a course with signs where the dog performs different exercises. Each of the signs provides instructions regarding the next skill that is to be performed. It's a perfect starting point for those who are new to canine sports, as Rally provides a challenging introduction to all AKC companion events for dogs and handlers to strengthen their skills.
- 6 weeks
- Class Sessions: one hour
- Fee: $100
- You MUST preregister and prepay for all classes.
2020 Class Schedule
Classes are currently suspended due to COVID-19
All Rally Classes:
- You must preregister online and pay through PayPal to guarantee a spot in class. If you cannot pay online, please send a note to email@example.com for other options.
- At the first session please arrive 15 minutes prior to class time you registered for.
- Bring your dog, a buckle collar, leash (no retractable leads).
- Bring soft treats.
- BRING COPIES of current vaccinations and rabies certificate (if the vaccine has been administered/or waiver).
NEW STATE LAW - VACCINATION RECORD REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL DOGS TAKING CLASSES.
As of January 1, 2020, the State of Iowa is now requiring that we keep copies of both the rabies certificate and DAPPV vaccination records on file for dogs taking classes in the building. Bring copies that we can keep. You will also need to bring new copies every time you start a new session. (Previously we did not keep your copies.)
ALSO NEW - ALL DOGS OVER THE AGE OF 12 WEEKS MUST HAVE A RABIES VACCINATION AND CERTIFICATE.
However, you can download a waiver to take to your veterinarian for signature to waive the vaccination for your dog. (Previously the age requirement was 6 months.)
THIS IS A NEW STATE LAW THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW.