This class is for dogs 6 months of age and older.
Beginner training is aimed at training you to train your dog. Emphasis is on the training needed to make the dog a good companion: walk on a loose leash, sit, stand, down, stay and come when called.
You must pass Beginners in order to advance to CGC, Intermediate, Agility Foundations or other classes. The test includes a 30 second sit/stay (on leash), a 30 second down/stay (on leash), and controlled walking on a LOOSE leash. The dog must not show aggression towards other dogs or towards people.
2023 Class Schedule
- 6 weeks
- Class sessions: 50 minutes
- Class Fee: $150
SEE YOU IN 2023!
- To preregister for classes, send a note to email@example.com .
- At the first session please arrive 15 minutes prior to class time you registered for.
- Bring your dog, a buckle collar, leash (no retractable leads).
- Bring soft treats
- BRING COPIES of current vaccinations and rabies certificate (if the vaccine has been administered/or waiver)
NEW STATE LAW - VACCINATION RECORD REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL DOGS TAKING CLASSES.
As of January 1, 2020, the State of Iowa is now requiring that we keep copies of both the rabies certificate and DAPPV vaccination records on file for dogs taking classes in the building. Bring copies that we can keep. You will also need to bring new copies every time you start a new session. (Previously we did not keep your copies.)
ALSO NEW - ALL DOGS OVER THE AGE OF 12 WEEKS MUST HAVE A RABIES VACCINATION AND CERTIFICATE.
However, you can download a waiver to take to your veterinarian for signature to waive the vaccination for your dog. (Previously the age requirement was 6 months.)
THIS IS A NEW STATE LAW THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW.