DMOTC Puppy Training Levels 1 & 2
DMOTC Puppy Level 1 - 8 weeks to 6 month that have not taken a puppy class
This class is not formal obedience training. We will teach you how to train your puppy to be a well-mannered family pet. Classes are split based on age/size of puppy at the time of class; small breeds (less than 25 lbs at maturity) and shy puppies will be placed together; medium and larger breeds will be placed together.
DMOTC Puppy Level 2 - 4 months to 6 months that HAVE taken Puppy 1. If Puppy 1 has not been taken, a brief skills evaluation will take place at 7 PM. The evaluation is to ensure that both puppy and handler can exhibit the basic skills needed to succeed in Puppy 2 (including sits, downs, stays, polite walking). Please arrive prior to 7 PM to participate in the evaluation if you have not taken our Puppy 1 class.
We'll continue teaching you how to train your puppy to become a good companion and a well-mannered family member. To add to puppy's socialization experiences, classes are not split by puppy size. (Please note: Socialization time at the beginning of class is monitored. All puppies are under control of their owner at all times; rude puppy behavior is not allowed.)
For both puppy classes:
- 6 weeks
- Class limits: 12 puppies per class
- 6 PM - Puppy 1 - (Small breeds) and Puppy 1 (Medium and Larger breeds)
- 7:15 PM - Puppy 2 - (All breeds)
- Guarantee a spot in class - preregister online with PayPal. (Please note: Payment through PayPal that is NOT accompanied by the class registration form, or is received AFTER class preregistration has closed, does NOT guarantee you a spot in class.)
- On the first night of session please arrive 15 minutes prior to the class time you registered for. If you have not preregistered, and the class is not full, come 20 minutes prior to sign-up time. (Please check our Facebok page or website for class registration updates.)
- Bring your puppy, a buckle collar, leash (NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES).
- Bring soft treats and a favorite toy.
- BRING PROOF of current DHLP/Parvo vaccinations, current rabies certificate (if the vaccine has been administered) and a negative stool check. **Vaccination records are required by law and must be submitted each time you take a class, even if you have submitted them for a previous class.
- Fee: $80
Puppy Levels 1 and 2 Schedule
2017 Class Schedule
Class Days: Tuesdays
Jan 10 - Feb 14
Feb 28 - April 4
May 23 - June 27
July 18 - Aug 22
Oct 10 - Nov 14
*** If you are interested in puppy agility classes, go to Agility.***